Pic courtesy from Sharron Wee
Pic courtesy from Amanda Tay
110g cake flour
120g caster sugar (separate into 60g and 60g)
1/4 tsp baking powder
60ml thick coconut milk
5 stalks pandan leaves
2 drops green food colouring
3 tbsps water
1/4 cup oil (60ml)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Rinse pandan leaves and blend together with the water. Squeeze out 2 tbsps of pandan leave juice and mix together with the think coconut milk and green food colouring. Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Sift cake flour and baking powder together.
2. Add 1/2 of the sugar (60g) to the egg yolks and beat till cdreamy and fluffy.
3. Add 1/3 of the pandan leave juice mixture and mix well, followed by 1/3 of the flour mixture and fold well. Continue with another 1/3 of the pandan leave juice mixture and 1/3 of the flour mixture. Repeat until the juice mixture and flour are all used up.
4. Add in vanilla essence and salad oil, and gently mix well.
5. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add in the remaining sugar, and continue to beat until firm peaks are formed.
6. Take 1/3 of the egg white and add to the batter. Gently fold in to mix well. Pour the batter into the remaining egg white and gently fold in to mix well.
7. Pour the batter into chiffon cake mould. Gently knock the sides of the mould to release air bubbles trapped inside.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 150 deg cel for about 60 minutes. Remove from oven, invert the mould and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes. Once cooled, remove from mould.
* Source: All About Cakes and Desserts
* We highly recommend a 17cm~18cm chiffon tube mould to achieve a tall effect for this 5-egg recipe.