Tuesday, 9 April 2013
Assorted Homemade Bread by Carol Lam
(makes 8 buns of 60g each)
350g Bread Flour
10g Milk Powder
6g Instant Dry Yeast
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Egg(60g), lightly beaten
TangZhong (refer to the tangzhong recipe below)
125ml Fresh Milk
30g Unsalted Butter, soften
1. Mix all the dry ingredients using mixer till well mixed.
2. Next put in all the wet ingredients(except butter) and knead till the dough can be stretch.
3. Put in butter and knead till membrane form.
4. Place the kneaded dough into a greased mixing bowl and leave it in a warm place to prove for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Remove and divide them into small doughs(around 30g) and let them rest for 15 minutes.
6. Shape into desire shape.
7. Place the completed buns onto baking paper. Let doughs proof for 45 minutes or until double in size.
8. Egg wash and bake at the preheated oven at 175c for 18 - 20 minutes until the bread is browned. Remove immediately.
Tang Zhong Recipe (Yields 120g tangzhong):
25g bread flour
1. Mix bread flour and water till well mixed.
2. Heat the mixture over low heat and stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent burning.
3. Remove from stove once you see “lines” appear in the mixture.
4. Cover with a cling wrap sticking onto the surface to prevent it from drying up.
5. Cool it completely before use.
* Recipe from Ellenaguan