Oreo Sponge Cake
(For a 6-inch round cake)
3 large eggs
75g caster sugar
cake flour 75g
6 pieces of Oreo cookies (cream filling removed and cookies coarsely chopped)
35g fresh milk
30g oil (I used canola oil)
1. Preheat oven at 150 deg celsius.
2. Grease and line a 6-inch tin (I used a tin with removable base)
3. Use and electric mixer and beat the eggs and sugar well, till pale in colour and fluffy. To check, the batter should drip back to the bowl, and "draw" a number 8 and will disappear only after a while.
4. Sift the cake flour thrice. Add in to the egg mixture. Using a hand whisk, manually stir in the flour to mix well.
5. Mix the milk and oil together in a large bowl. Scoop some batter in step 4 and add in to the milk-oil mixture. Mix well with a spatula spoon. Pour this mixture back into the original egg batter and fold in till well-mixed.
6. Add in the Oreo crumbs and fold well. Pour into the prepared cake tin. Bang the tin twice on the counter to release the air. Put it into the oven.
7. Bake at 150 deg cel for 30 minutes in middle rack. Then increase the temperature to 160 deg cel and bake for another 20 minutes. Lastly further increase the temperature to 170 deg cel and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and unmould immediately. Remove the baking paper and leave the cake to cool completely on a cooling rack.