1 pack fresh shitake mushrooms (from ntuc)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup corn flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1) Wipe mushrooms with clean dish towel, cut off stems and discard.
2) In a bowl, mix together flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
3) Add water to create a batter.
4) Dip mushrooms into batter, drip off excess and coat in bread crumbs.
5) Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
6) Serve with mayo or ranch dressing.