Sour Cream Yuzu Muffins
Make about 14 standard-sized muffins.
220g plain flour (sifted)
90g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
small pinch of salt
150g sour cream (you may use yoghurt instead)
110g yuzu jam (also known as honey citron tea)
80g unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg cel.
2. Mix all ingredients in A together in a large bowl. Use a hand whisk and manually whisk to combine well the ingredients.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add in the melted butter and the rest of the ingredients in B. Still using the hand whisk, mix till combined. Do not overbeat.
4. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture in step 2. Using a spatula, mix in the ingredients. Again do not overmix. Once the flour is incorporated, you may stop. The batter will appear lumpy still.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases till 2/3 full.
6. Bake for about 25min or till tester comes out clean.
7. Remove from trays and leave to cool.