Pumpkin Oreo Baked Cheesecake
15cm x 15cm x 7cm baking tin. Line the base and sides with baking paper.
Oreo cookies (filling removed) - 155g
Melted unsalted butter - 50g (room temperature)
Castor sugar - 10g
Cream cheese filling:
Eggs - 3 (beat together)
Cream cheese - 500g (softened at room temperature)
Castor sugar - 140g
Pumpkin - 300g
Whipped cream - 240g (room temperature)
Almond powder - 1g
Ground ginger powder - a pinch
Nutmeg powder - a pinch
Salt - 1g
Vanilla essence - 10g
1. Preheat oven to 160 deg cel. (Recipe recommending to preheat oven for at least 20min) Prepare a pot of boiling water.
2. Remove skin of the pumpkin and cut into smaller pieces. Blend the pumpkin with whipped cream till smooth puree,
3. Mix the almond powder, ginger powder, nutmeg powder and salt together in a separate dish. Set aside.
4. Crush the oreo cookies into fine crumbs.
5. Add the castor sugar into the cookies crumbs and mix well.
6. Add in the melted butter and mix well.
7. Spread and lay the crumb base onto the baking tin carefully and firmly. Level the top of the cookies base.
8. Put the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Use a hand whisk to gently whisk the cheese. When softened, add in the sugar and whisk well.
9. When well-mixed till soft, add in the eggs in 2-3 additions. Mix well with each addition.
10. Add in the pumpkin puree.
11. Add in the spices mixture.
12. Whisk gently to mix the batter well.
13. Pour the batter into the tin. Put into the oven. One rack below the tin, place a baking tray filled with boiling water. Steam bake for 1hr to 1hr 15min. Remove from oven and tin to cool
Note: Personally I love to eat this cake chilled.
Recipe source: 我的幸福手作蛋糕