Cream Cheese Cake
20cm diameter bundt tin
Plain flour - 200g
Baking powder - 4g
Castor sugar - 200g
Salt - 2g
Unsalted butter - 140g (softened at room temperature)
Cream cheese - 100g (softened at room temperature)
Eggs - 3 (room temperature)
Sour cream - 60g (room temperature)
Milk - 40g (room temperature)
Vanilla essence - 5g
1. Preheat oven to 170 deg cel. (Recipe recommended the oven to be pre-heated for at least 20min)
2. Mix the milk, sour cream, eggs and vanilla essence together in a bowl. Must ensure these 4 ingredients are at room temperature, without any cold condensation or vaporization.
3. Grease your bundt pan carefully with a thin layer of butter and leave the greased pan in the fridge. This is to enable the butter to "stick" to the pan. (I omitted this step as I was using a silicon mould. I only grease the mould slightly.)
4. Put the flour, baking powder, castor sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Hand whisk for about 30 seconds to mix well. (This step is to substitute any sifting required.)
5. Add in to the flour mixture the softened butter and cream cheese. Also add in half of the liquid mixture your have prepared earlier (step 2). Using a machine whisk, whisk at low speed for about 2min till no clumps. Then increase the speed to medium or high and continue to whisk for another 2min.
6. Scrap the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula. Add in the remaining liquid mixture to the batter in 3 additions. With each addition, whisk for about 1min at medium speed. Avoid over-whisking.
7. Slowly pour in the batter into the pan. Drop the pan a 2-3 times on the countertop to eliminate the air-trapped in the batter. Using a chopstick or a skewer, circle round the batter to further blend and smoothen it.
8. Put into the oven and bake for 50-60min. (I bake for 50min)
9. Once baked, remove from oven and strongly drop the pan once onto the countertop. This is to prevent crumbling or collapsing of the cake during cooling. Invert the cake to remove it. Let cool completely.
10. When cooled, ready to serve
Recipe source: 我的幸福手作蛋糕