Tuesday, 12 November 2013
Chocolate Chips Creamcheese cookies by Stephanie Ng
Chocolate Chips Creamcheese Cookies approx 36-40 soft centred cookies
227g unsalted butter, softened at room temp
100g granulated sugar
165g brown sugar
227g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
315g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon course kosher salt
250g Cadbury Dark Chocolate Baking Melts(chopped) mixed with 50g Cadbury dark chocolate baking chips
1. Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and Philadelphia cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer till well mixed.
2. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
3. Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add gradually to the stand mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl as it mixed.
4. Stop the mixer and hand mix in the chocolate baking melts & chips with a spatula.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C.
6. Scoop by rounded tablespoon size using an ice cream scoop, and place each scoop about 2cm apart onto baking paper lined baking trays.
7. Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes(some ovens may need a shorter/longer period), ensuring the edges turn golden brown. Cookies will not spread much when baked.
8. Cool cookies on baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to wire rack. Once cooled, store into an airtight container immediately.