Top Flour - 60gm
Plain Flour - 150gm
Baking Powder - 2 Tsp
Salted Butter - 190gm
Caster Sugar - 140gm
Vanilla Paste - 1 Tsp
Cointreau - 1 Tsp
Full Cream Milk - 60ml
Eggs - I used 2 extra large eggs of abt 95gm each & 2 large eggs of 65gm each. This is about 5 large size eggs in total.
1. Sift both flour and baking powder
2. Cream butter and sugar (120gm) till light and fluffy. Add Vanilla extract and Cointreau to batter and mix well.
3. Add one egg yolk at a time, beat well before adding the next one.
4. Add in the milk & flour alternately in about 2 to 3 parts until well combined. I used KA speed 1 for this.
5. Beat egg whites to stiff peak with the remaining sugar (20gm). Add a tsp of cream of tar tar.
6. Fold in the egg white into the mixed batter in 3 parts until combined. Do not deflate the batter.
7. Add toppings according to your preference.
Fill muffin trays until full to achieve the dome top.
Preheat oven and bake at 175ºC for 16 - 18mins depending on the size of the muffins.
Let the muffins cool completely on wire rack