- 2 oz butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 225g mushrooms, sliced ( can use all button and/or brown; I use a mixture of whatever available even oyster and fresh shitake)
- 25g plain flour
- 425ml hot chicken stock
- 150ml milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped fine (extra to garnish)
- 4 tbs single cream
1) Melt the butter in a large pot and sautee the onions over a low heat for about 5 minutes till softened.
2) Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or till soft also.
3) Sprinkle in the flour and cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly.
4) Remove the pot from the heat and gradually stir in the hot chicken stock. Return to the heat and bring to a boil stirring all the time. Simmer over a low fire a short while, about 10 minutes.
5) Stir in the milk.
6) Cool slightly and then pour soup into a blender or food processor and blend till desired fineness. Return to the saucepan, heat through briefly and season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley and cream. Do not allow the soup to boil. Serve.