Salted Egg Yolks Cookies by Carol Lam
Makes: 130 cookies
- 250 g plain flour
- 20 g cornflour/ cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbs milk powder
- 6 salted egg yolks
- 170 g Salted Butter
- 80 g caster sugar
Egg Wash and Decor
- 1 egg yolk (for egg wash)
- 1 tbs white sesame
- Sift together flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and milk powder, set aside.
- Steam salted egg yolks for about 5 minutes. Cool, mash with a fork and set aside. Try not to mash the yolks too finely.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until sugar is dissolved.
- Add mashed salted egg yolks and sifted flours. Mix to for a soft and pliable dough. If dough is too soft, wrap with cling film and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Line baking paper on the baking pans. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare egg wash by lightly beating the egg yolk.
- Roll out dough to 5 mm thickness and cut into desired shapes using dough cutters.
- Place on baking pans and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to decorate.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
Recipe modified from Pig Pig's Corner : Salted Egg Yolk Cookies