The Ultimate One-Bowl Chocolate Cake (Serves 8-10)
Adapted from Donna Hay
125g butter, chopped
375g dark chocolate (best quality), chopped
175g brown sugar
1/4 cup plain (all purpose) flour
2 tablespoons milk
120g almond meal
1 tablespoon cocoa, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Line and grease a 21cm or 22cm round baking tin with baking paper.
3. Place the butter and chocolate in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water ensuring that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
4. Once melted, add the sugar, flour, milk and almond meal and mix to combine.
5. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and cover with a sheet of foil.
7. Bake for 60 minutes or until the inside is set and not wobbling.
8. Remove the foil and cool in the tin and.
9. Dust with cocoa and serve with cream.