Fried Rice With Shrimp and Bak Kwa by Diana Gale
2 cups rice, preferably over night rice
5 shallots, skin removed and thinly sliced
1 tsp mince garlic
1 tbs vegetable oil
4 eggs, fried
1/2 can luncheon meat, diced and fried until golden brown
150g bak kwa, chopped
200g frozen shrimps, heads and shells removed, thawed
200g frozen vegetables, thawed
3 sprigs spring onion, chopped
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp grounded white pepper
4 bird's eye chilli, sliced (optional)
1. Heat oil in wok, fry shallots until soft. Add garlic, fry for 30 seconds.
2. Add shrimps, bak kwa, frozen vegetables. Stir to combine.
3. Add eggs, luncheon meat and rice. Mix well.
4. Season with salt and white pepper.
5. Garnish with spring onion and serve with chilli, if desired.