Melon Chiffon Cake
4 Egg Yolks
1/4 tsp Salt
110g Fresh milk
3/4 tsp Melon paste
65g Canola Oil
135g Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
6 Egg Whites
3/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder, set aside.
3. Whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together until pale yellow and about 3 times the batter volume.
4. Add oil, milk and melon paste into the egg yolk batter and mix till well blended
5. Add flour mixture into the egg yolk batter.
6. Whisk until well combined.
7. Use a mixer, start beating the egg whites at low speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium-high. Add cream of tartar once the whites are foamy.
8. Once reached the soft peak stage, gradually add in sugar and whisk till moist stiff shiny pointed peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
10. Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
11. Pour batter into a 23cm tube pan, smooth the surface.
12. Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 40-45mins.
13. Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
14. Remove cake from pan and serve.