Ingredients for 2:
2 Chicken breasts - boneless
200 grams Swiss brown mushrooms - cut into quarters. (You can use white buttons as well)
1 leek - sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Season the chicken breasts assertively with salt pepper and some paprika.
2. Place chicken in oven and cook for about 20 minutes. (cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken meat) Chicken breast can overcook rather easily, so know your oven. =)
3. To make the sauce, heat some oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. When oil is heated up, add in the leeks and saute for 2 minutes and then add in the mushrooms. Saute until the the moisture released by the mushroom are almost evaporated and mushroom start to brown lightly. About 6-8 minutes
4. De-glaze with white wine and white wine vinegar. Allow to simmer for a minute or 2. Then add in the cream and lower heat slightly. Turn off the heat when the cream start to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve warm together with the cooked chicken breasts, garnished with fresh parsley.
To have it child friendly, you can omit the white wine, vinegar and paprika.