Chocolate Fudge Trifle (serves abt 4-5 wine glasses)
150 gm dark choc couvertures
100ml fresh milk
40gm thick cream
1 can strawberry puree (store bought) *can use strawberry jam
100gm whipping cream
Pound Cake/Butter cake (or leftovers from bakes, I use nutella muffins)
Fresh Strawberries or bananas (optional)
1) Bring milk and cream to boil but no need to full boiling point. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
2) Pour the milk over to a bowl of dark choc couvertures. Let it rest for 2 min for the choc to melt and mix well to thicken the choc mixture. I use double boil method. Set aside to cool after clingwrap the bowl, touching the top of the choc..
3) Pour into a piping bag and keep in the fridge for later use.
4) Cut the cake according to the size of your dessert glass, abt 1-1.5 cm thickness. You can cut as you layer the trifle later.
5)) Whip the cream till soft peak and put in piping bag..
6) If using fresh strawberries, cut into cubes, bananas just slice it into 1cm thickness. Then layer between the cream and choc fudge.
7) Time to assemble : Place the cake on bottom of the glass, to cover the base, then take 1 tsp of jam spread over the cake, followed by the whipping cream to pipe over the jam, last pipe in the choc fudge.
8) Repeat step 7 until you reach almost the top of the glass. (I only did two layers)
9) Decorate the top with your preference. (Here I use choc chips and choc flakes.)
10) Chill it for abt 1-2 hours before serving.
Enjoy your dessert.