Almond Balls recipe from http://breadetbutter.wordpress.com
100g ground almond
150g plain flour
75g caster sugar
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
Pinch salt – I used 1/8 tsp
100ml corn oil
1 egg yolk, beaten for the egg wash
- Sieve the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl of the stand mixer.
- Add the ground almonds to the flour/sugar mixture in the bowl.
- Using medium speed with the beater attachment (my K spade), slowly add the corn oil into the bowl. Mix until a cohesive dough forms.
- Heat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Roll the balls using the teaspoon scoop of the measuring spoons and place them slightly apart.
- I made 45 balls.
- Apply the egg wash with a pastry brush.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool on a rack. Remove and keep inside airtight container.