(Recipe adapted from Bouchon Bakery)
(Makes 12 madeleines)
68g plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
55g caster sugar (can be reduced by another 5-10g)
66g unsalted butter
9g dark brown sugar
1/2tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Combine eggs and caster sugar together. Whisk till mixture becomes pale and double in volume.
3. Combine butter, honey, dark brown sugar and melt over medium heat till sugar dissolves.
4. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Follow by the remaining half.
5. Pour in the warm butter mixture and vanilla into the mixture and fold in till everything incorporated and smooth. Cover the mixture and chill for 2 hours.
6. Grease the madeleines pan with butter. Put the pan in fridge to harden the butter. This prevents madeleines from sticking to the pan.
7. Preheat oven to 175 degree, using fan assisted mode.
8. Take out batter from fridge and scoop a tablespoon full of batter into the mould. Should be just nice for 12 standard size madeleines. Bake for 7mins. The top should just almost turn golden brown/springs back when touch/skewers comes out clean.
9. Remove from mould immediately to cool.