2 large russet potatoessome garlic powder
some fine salt
about 30gm unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
some pepper - optional
1. Boil the potatoes with skin with just enough water to cover them.
2. To check for doneness, use a fork to prick. If the fork goes in easily, they are cooked.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius.
4. When the potatoes are cooled but still a little bit warm, you can now remove the skin easily by cupping your hand over one end of the potato and pull the skin away.
5. Cut the potatoes into at least 8 slices or more onto a large plate.
6. Sprinkle the garlic powder and pepper and some salt and also the butter over the potatoes.
7. Mash them with a potato masher until fine.
8. Beat 2 egg yolks with some milk about 50ml.
9. Reserve about 1/4 egg yolk mix for brushing/drizzle onto the tops of the potatoes.
10. Pour the remaining egg yolk mix into the mashed potato and blend till absorbed.
11. Use a piping bag with a large star nozzle and fill it up.
12. Use a spoon to drizzle the reserved egg yolk mixture onto the piped potato swirls.
13. Pipe onto a oiled baking tray or into oiled small sturdy muffin cups.
14. Bake for about 16 minutes or till the edges of the swirls turn brown colour.