(10" removable base pie pan)
125g cube unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
250g plain flour
A little water
4 apples cut in wedges
juice from half of a lemon, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp butter - for brushing on the apple wedges
1) mix well flour, butter and salt to form sandy texture
2) add in beaten egg + some water to form dough
3) sandwich dough with 2 pieces of cling film set in fridge 1/2 hr
4) take out from fridge to flatten dough between cling film.
5) place on cake pan carefully.
6) fill in with apple wedges.
7) brush with (melted butter, a bit of lemon juice and sugar)
8) bake in preheated oven 220deg cel for 10mins and reduce to 200 deg cel for another 20 min.
Custard Cream filling
1 cup double cream
1-2 beaten eggs
50g caster sugar
1) warm cream and sugar, slowly whisk in beaten eggs.
2) after baked the pastry, sprinkle some sugar over the apple and pour in custard mixture
3) bake 200 deg cel for 10-15mins
4) set for 1 hr before cut.