Lemon Honey Chiffon Cake
5 Egg Yolk
30 gm Honey
50 gm Olive Oil
120gm Cake Flour
Lemon Zest (from 1 whole lemon)
50ml Lemon Juice (extract from lemon)
2 tsp Cold Water
6 Egg White
1 tsp Lemon Juice
60gm Castor Sugar
- Preheat oven at 160degree celcius.
- Sift the flour and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolk with honey in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the olive oil to incorporate well and add in the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl if you only has one mixer. For the above steps, I use hand whisk.
- Add in half the sifted flour, mix, then half lemon juice, mix again and add in 1 tsp of the cold water and mix well. Repeat again with the other half and mix into a smooth batter.
- Whisk the egg white until bubbly, add in the lemon juice and sugar slowly in 2-3 portions. Whisk until stiff peak.
- Scoop up 1/3 of the egg white and mix into the batter until incorporated.
- Add in the rest of the egg white and mix well.
- Pour into the chiffon tin and smoothen the top. Give the tin a few light knock to release the air bubbles trap inside.
- Bake in oven for 50min. (I bake abt 30-35 min using the mini chiffon tins). Again, different oven works differently.
- Once baked, immediately turn over to cool over the bottles.
- Unmould the cake only after it is completely cooled.
Source: Adapted from Carol's The First Book of Baking for Beginners
Note: Original recipe uses 8" Chiffon Tin (I use 6 mini chiffon tins instead, but can make do with 5 though)