Makes 14 big pieces
250g minced pork
6 mushrooms (soaked and cut into small pieces)
300g prawns (shelled and cut into small pieces)
5 slices ginger (cut into small pieces)
100g round wanton wrappers
1/4 small carrot (cut into small pieces for deco)
Seasoning for pork:
1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp chicken powder
1 1/4tsp corn flour
5 tsp chinese cooking wine
3 3/4 tsp soy sauce
7 1/2 tsp water
Pinch of pepper
1 1/4tsp salt - to marinate the prawns.
- In a bowl, place minced pork and add seasoning.
- Add mushrooms and ginger into the minced pork.
- Marinate prawns with salt.
- Add marinated prawns into pork and stir to mix well.
- Keep in fridge for at least 1hr.
- Place a huge spoonful of meat in the centre of the round wanton skin.
- Shape into siew mai and place some chopped carrots on top for deco.
- Oil your plate before placing siew mai on it.
- Place plate in steamer and steam for 10 mins.