'Chicken' Shepherd Pie (For 3 mini cocotte pot size)
4 nos Russet Potatoes
1 Tbsp Salted Butter
3 Tbsp Heavy Cream or whipping cream
3 Tbsp Parmesan grated cheese
Some Salt and grounded black Pepper
1. Peel potatoes, cut into quarter. Place in a salted boiling water
for around 25mins or till it turn soft.
2. Let the potatoes dry out for 10 mins and mash in a bowl with
butter, heavy cream and lots of salt and pepper.
3. Add in parmesan cheese and continue mixing it. Test the
taste and add salt and pepper to own preference.
3 Tbsp Vegetable or peanut oil
1 whole White Onion (diced)
10 pcs Brown button mushroom (diced)
1/2 pcs Carrot (diced)
1 no Russet Potato (diced)
2 pcs Chicken breast (tenderise with hammer and diced)
Or can use chicken leg with skin and fat removed.
Some salt and pepper
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp chinese wine (hua diao jiu)
1 1/2 tbsp Oyster sauce
16 pcs basil leaves (finely chopped)
2 tsp corn flour
8 tbsp water
1 tsp dry mixed italian herb (optional)
1. Heat the pan with oil. (medium heat)
2. saute the onion and carrot till fragrant.
3. Add in the mushroom and season with salt and pepper.
4. add in the chicken and potato, stir fry for a minute.
5. add the curry powder and continue stir fry. Need not cook
thru the chicken.
6. add in soy sauce, chinese wine and oyster sauce.
7. add in basil leaves and stir fry till fragrant.
8. add in the corn flour and stir fry to cook the flour.
9. add in the water and dry herb.
10. lower the heat. Cover with lid and let it simmer for 20mins or
till the potato is soft.
Assemble and bake. (Preheat Oven 190DC)
1. distribute the filling (B) into the cocotte or any baking dish.
2. use the back of the spoon to press and compact the filling so
that there is no empty gap.
3. top up the surface with the mashed potato (A)
4. run a fork thru the top surface of the potato to achieve
5. bake in oven for 20mins on top rack. If the potato is not
brown enough, increase to highest heat (only top heating , off
the bottom heat) for another 5 mins.
6. serve it after cooling for 5 - 10mins, cos the filling inside very